Prodigy by Marie Lu (Review)

Release date: 29 January 2013

Publisher: Penguin

Number of pages: 356

My rating: 4.5/5 stars

OHMYGOD. *HYPERVENTILATES* *CRIES* *DIES*. Seriously. I think this book ruined me forever. So freaking good! For those who haven't read this trilogy, seriously! Ditch my review and run out and grab a copy of Legend! (Actually, please don't ditch my review!).

WARNING: Review may contain spoilers for Legend from now on.

But seriously, this book was amazing. It was just as great as legend, if not more. I loved every moment, character, and line.

Prodigy follows the story of June and Day, a prodigy and a criminal. They are running from the republic after Day's brother's execution. They go to the patriots for help, an agree to asassinate the new Elector Primo, Anden. Soon, they realise that not everything is as it seems, and maybe there is a chance for The Republic after all.

Prodigy was even more action packed than Legend. It goes at a steady pace, although the last few chapters went at a really fast pace. It has action, romance, out-of-control fighter jets, and freaking awesome people.

I loved the characters. Every single character was well developed and interesting. In Legend, there was a problem with June and Day's voices sounding the same (the books are told from a dual POV), but not anymore. Their voices are easy to tell apart now after we get used to their little habits. June and Day are both badass characters, and I can't wait to see more of them in the next book, Champion.

We get introduced to some new characters as well, and all of them are just as awesome.

The book was not filled with romance as I expected. Usually the second book of a trilogy is filled with romance after the two characters built it in the first book. Not to say that the romance dies completely, but June and Day were seperate for most of the time, and sometimes their love gets called into question. I felt that this was great for the story, because instead of everything being perfect, the situation gets even more turbulent in Prodigy.

I'll make this review shorter by saying everything is great. Seriously. It'll shorten this review by heaps if I don't have to prattle on about how great every single thing is.

And OMG, the ending! It was completely, and utterly amazing. A huge bombshell is dropped, guaranteed to make any Legend fan weep. There is a huge cliffhanger, and it's a shame that we have to wait an entire year for Champion. Marie Lu tore my heart out, split it in half, set it on fire, and then shoved it back in.

I'm dead now.

But I'll come back to life if you give me a copy of Champion!! *wink wink*

Prodigy is definitely worth a read. A story filled with awesomeness, this is a must for any YA fan (provided you've read Legend).

Comments

Popular Posts